Monday, October 22, 2012

Goodbye 35!

Tomorrow is my 36th birthday. I know, I know 36 is not old but man it feels soooo close to 40 and I'm so not ready to be 40!

We celebrated a day early because Kiley has drill team tomorrow night. Mom made dinner and Ryan and Megan (bro and SIL) came over. I am so blessed that for the ten years I have been a single Mom my Mom has taken the kids shopping for me and let them pick out bday, Christmas, and Mother's Day presents. It makes them feel special and of course I love it!!!!


Last year Tyson thought he would be funny and give me a joke gift. I asked for a watch this is what I got:
 
Ralph the watch dog! In case you can't tell he is a bronze dog on ski's. I was not amused. One year later and I can at least laugh about it ;0) This year they decided to play it safe and got me the Rachael Ray pots and pans I have been wanting and a new set of silverware. Smart kids! From Mom and Dean I got a Dillards gift card (will be saving to buy smaller clothes) and a DSW gift card from Ryan and Megan. I cleaned up!!!

On our birthday we always get to pick what we have for dinner so I went healthy.
Yummy chicken and steaks Kabobs Dean made on the grill. The pies pictured above are also low calorie. They are an oldie but goodie from when Mom and I went to Weight Watchers. Here is the recipe:

Nutrition Info
  • Calories: 182.7
  • Fat: 6.5g
  • Carbohydrates: 26.9g
  • Protein: 3.5g

Ingredients

12 oz. Fat Free Yogurt (Key Lime, Lemon, Strawberry, any flavor to match the Jello)
1 box. Sugar Free Jello mix (same flavor as yogurt).
8 oz. Fat Free Cool Whip
1/4 c. water
1 Reduced Fat Graham Cracker Crust

Directions

Boil water, add Jello mix and stir until dissolved.
Whisk yogurt into jello.
Fold in Cool Whip.
Pour into pie shell and refrigerate.
Number of Servings: 8

I am determined this will be my last overweight birthday EVER!!! I think this is part of the reason I am having such a hard time turning 36! I just don't want to be fat and 36. Enough of that! I am the only one that can do anything about it!!! Here are a few more pics from the evening!
 
Hope my wish comes true!

What a weirdo!!!

Kiley was sitting on a stool but I thought this looked so funny!
 
 
 

                             Sarah



 




No comments:

Post a Comment