Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 21 - Humility

Wow! What an amazing 21 days. Ok actually longer because I'm posting this last blog about a week after we finsihed. I'm gonna go ahead and blame it on a terrible case of sunpoisoning! Repeat after me: PALE WHITE GIRLS MUST WEAR SUNSCREEN AND REAPPLY!

This 21 days has been, for me, more than I ever imagined it would be. I have never felt so close to God in my life. I have never felt such a desire to walk closely with Him than I currently do. I want to open my heart and pour out the love I feel for Christ on my children in hopes that they will begin to see how much we need Him.

I love a project. I love a good to do list. I started thinking about all the things in my life I want to change and what I want my next goal to be now that this 21 days is over. My eating is a mess and my weight is rising! So a new eating plan? My house sure isn't as clean as I would like it to be. So a new schedule for cleaning? I still haven't found Mr Right. So join another dating website?

Well although the first two would definitely be beneficial and the last one is a definite heck no after my last experience, I think I am going try something new that I learned during the 21 days of prayer for sons. I can change my behaviors but I want more. I want to change my heart. And we know that only God can change our hearts. The rest will come..........

So what's the plan? Because if you know me you know I love to plan! I'm going to start memorizing God's word. I want His word dwelling in my heart.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. (Ps 19:14) 


I am going to memorize Colossians in a year by learning 2 verses a week. I found a neat memorization booklet that I am going to us to help me accomplish this goal. I also found something else on the same website. A 100 day printable calendar . It has 3 lines to write 3 things you are working on. Things that you want to become part of your daily life.

Here are my three:

1. Read the bible and pray
2. Exercise
3. Be on time to work (I'm chronically tardy everywhere I go and I hate that!!!!)

I wonder where I will be in 100 days?

What has this 21 days meant to you? What's next?

I'm praying for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment