Thursday, July 14, 2011

I have a confession to make.......

I have always thought it was wimpy to pray for something and then say "if it's your will God".  "Isn't that just like an out if it doesn't happen?", I would ask myself. I was also afraid to pray with authority thinking it would make me somehow look bad if what I was asking for didn't happen. I'm not sure where I got my ideas about prayer but man was I screwed up.

I have been spending so much more time in prayer than I ever have before and let me tell you why I ask for God's will to prevail in the situations in my life. I don't want ANYTHING in my life that isn't God's will!!!!! He knows the plan and I don't and I'm ok with that. You know why?  Because I trust Him completely!!

My prayer life is changing from a list of requests I present to God to a true communication with Him. Seeking his presence, listening for answers, and striving to live a life worthy of Him.

Ok so I realize these are things I probably should have already known but hey better late than never, right?

I'm praying for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment