Thursday, September 20, 2012

Carry On....

There ain't nothing fun about dreams dying or loves leaving. I read this today in a blog I follow and it pretty much sums up where I am right now. Although I would like to lay around and wallow in my misery that is just not an option. Wanna know why?

 
These beauties, that's why! Man I love these kids! So I'm taking in one day at a time because anything else is a bit overwhelming. I love the song Carry On by Fun. The chorus says "if you're lost and alone or you're sinking like a stone, carry on" And that is exactly what I am doing.
 
 
 
My weight is still pretty out of control so I am really focusing on counting calories and exercising. It is actually helping to distract me. I am sticking to 1200 calories a day and I have enlisted the help of a personal trainer!
 
 
This little stud muffin right here has agreed to take on his Mom as a client. (In case you're wondering if Tyson ever wears a shirt, the answer is not if he can help it!) He is taking it so seriously and I really appreciate his help! Here's what he has had me do this week:
 
Monday: 30 minutes on treadmill
Tuesday: 44 minute interval run on treadmill, Tabata Ab workout, 15 minutes as many rounds as I could do of 5 pushups, 10 squats, 15 kettle bell swings (I did 9 1/2)
Wednesday: 1 hour power walk outside it was a beautiful night and it really helped to prevent some of the soreness (not gonna lie, I'm stinkin sore)
Thursday: 3 minute warm up on the treadmill, 25 jumping jacks, arm circles, Tabata pushups, and then 1/4 mile treadmill run followed by 25 squats four times. (I may be in a wheel chair tomorrow)
 
A coworker and I have also walked a mile each afternoon at work. Tyson is so encouraging and keeps telling me how proud he is of me and saying you can do it Mom. What better motivation is there than that?
 
Let me take a sec to brag: We got a letter in the mail that said Tyson's grades qualify him to be inducted in to the National Honor Society. We had to fill out a form and make a list of all his extra curricular and volunteer activities. We turn it in tomorrow and will find out some time in October if he has been chosen. I am so so so so proud of him. I am unbelievably blessed with such smart kids!
 
I have another weigh in a week from tomorrow for my work program. I hope this is enough to make my goal but even more than that I want to keep going unlike last time when I met my goal and immediately started pigging out again!!!!
 
I'm happy to be blogging again and will be adding some stuff over the weekend............ Bye All! 



No comments:

Post a Comment