Monday, May 7, 2012

What I got cookin!

As part of the weight loss competition on facebook that I am doing we have to have two servings of fruit and three servings of vegetables a day. I thought I was totally doing that each day but man was I wrong. It has been fun trying to find different ways to incorporate them into my day. The HARDEST part has been not eating after 9:00pm. That is when I do the majority of my bad eating so it's most definitely a good thing for me but it sure isn't easy!!! This week I'm also cutting down on most of my snacks. I snack to dang much! Even if it's good stuff it's still usually too much!

When I find something that tastes good and is healthy I get pretty excited about it. Here are a few of my favorites from the past week.


Ok, so I know it isn't pretty but it WAS good! It was breakfast this morning. 1/2 Natures Own 100 calorie English muffin. I spread some laughing cow cheese on it and topped with strawberries. That's a lovely serving of egg beaters next to it!


I'm so totally in love with this yogurt!!!! I have had it as a snack and as breakfast along with a Kashi fruit and nut granola bar. Soooo good!

Lunch has been mostly leftovers. Tomorrow I'm trying a new recipe. A black bean and mango quesadilla. I'll let you know how that works out!


WHY IS MY FOOD SO UGLY? This ugly but yummy dinner is a turkey burger topped with Dijon mustard, avocado, and tomato. I usually buy Jenny-O turkey burgers but this time I got the HEB brand and they are AMAZING! I love green beans and could eat them every day! I steamed these and then put spray butter and some Mrs. Dash on them.


This is an absolute favorite of mine and the kids! I use flat out bread for the crust and I have also used low cal tortillas. Layer with pizza sauce, WW mozz cheese and all the veggies you want. I put pepperoni on the kids but not mine. This totally makes me feel like I'm cheating even when I'm being good!!!

I'm never gonna be a chef or win any awards for my beautiful food pictures but hey I try :0)





No comments:

Post a Comment