Monday, May 7, 2012

Six days til 5K........

And I don't know whether to scream or cry!!!! I'm definitely not ready to run the whole thing, which is ABSOLUTELY what I want to do! Kristen reminded me that my goal was just to do it so I keep telling myself that. The absolute perfectionist in me can't stand the thought of not running the whole thing. I guess I have to start somewhere and so this will just be my start. Can you see me going back and forth in my head, trying to decide if I should be satisfied or discouraged?  The longest I have run so far is 1 mile run, 1 mile walk, 1 mile run. Today I did 1/2 mile walk 1/2 mile run and so on.

Tyson has started a running club with our church and today was the first night for them (us) to meet. We went to a local park. The guys ran 7 miles and I did race distance (3.2 miles) of course 1/2 run 1/2 walk. Anyway, Tyson asked me what I think about when I run and I told him what I'm usually thinking is "when in the heck is this gonna be over!" This will get easier, this will get easier, this will get easier! Say it with me.............

Did I mention the mile markers are on headstones????? Appropriate, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment