Monday, December 3, 2012

Let's go kicks!!!! Let's go kicks!!!!

Growing up, one of the things my family used to do was go to the Dallas Sidekicks soccer games. I remember how much fun it used to be to cheer for Tatu and the rest of the players with my Mom, Stepdad, Nick and Ryan. Sometimes we would get a hotel room and stay the night of the game. It was only 30 minutes from home but it felt like a vacation to be in the hotel eating the continental breakfast in the morning. As I got older and my relationship deteriorated to a state of non existance with my Stepdad I skipped out on the family trips to Sidekicks.

This summer my Stepdad apologized and asked my forgiveness for years of emotional hurt that he caused. My family is not perfect but we have come along way. The older I get the more I realize the importance of a strong family bond. I love that my kids are so close to my brothers, their wives and my Mom and Stepdad.

What does this have to do with the Sidekicks you might be asking??? I'll tell you!!!! After many years the Dallas Sidekicks are back together and guess who went to the season opener? The whole family! (well minus Tristin because she had to work) It was so neat to share this with the kids. Dean and Mom got us all hotel rooms and great seats to the game. I was so overwhelmed to have all of us together getting along. I just love my family.

Ryan and Megan (and Charlie in the tummy)

Nick, Melody, Rylea (and Brody in the tummy)
Mom and Dean
Tyson, Kiley and I!
The whole gang! Check out our Sidekicks clothes!!!
 
 
 
I'm looking forward to many years of family memories to come!
 
 

 
 Sarah 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment