Monday, April 1, 2013

Advocare 24 Day Challenge Update

I finished the 10 day cleanse and I'm 5 days into the rest of the challenge. I almost can't even put in to words how good I feel. The first 4-5 days were pretty rough. I really think it was my body detoxing from all the processed foods, sugar and of course DIET COKE. At this point diet coke is really the only thing I miss but I refuse to go back to it! For the first time in my life that I can remember I don't have any food cravings. I am truly eating for fuel. I can't explain the science behind it because I just don't know how that works but it's amazing how different food tastes. For examples, bananas and grapes are sweet to me now. Like crazy sweet. When I used to crave something sweet and people would say eat some fruit I would want to throat punch them because it didn't even taste sweet! Now that has truly changed. I don't ever want to go back to eating the way I was!!! And in case you are curious......I AM DOWN 8 POUNDS!!!!!  Hecks yeah baby!

I have all these great recipes and this week I'm really going to try to branch out more. I'm the kind of person that can eat the same two things for dinner all week! Here are some of the recipes I tried out this past week that I LOVED!!!

Slow Cooker Chicken Burritos

Ingredients:
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce (no sugar added)
1 cup salsa
2 TBSP Homemade Taco Seasoning
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
2 cloves minced garlic

Directions:
Place chicken in slow cooker. Pour remaining ingredients on top of chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken is cook through.

I served them on whole grain tortillas and put black beans, avocado, tomatoes, lettuce and salsa on top. They were soooo good! The kids loved them!

This is a totally hideous picture but I could barely stop eating long enough to take one!
 
 
The next day I served it over lettuce for a yummy salad.
 
Warm Pineapple and Chicken
 
Ingredients:
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
20 oz can of pineapple chunks
1/2 cup Braggs Liquid Aminos (soy sauce substitute)
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1-2 Tbsp slivered almonds
 
Directions:
Place chicken in the slow cooker. Pour Braggs, pineapple chunks, and pineapple juice over the chicken. Sprinkle flakes on top. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
 
I served the pineapple and chicken over brown rice. Tyson did not like this because he doesn't like the taste of soy sauce but I really really do. Kiley wouldn't even try it because she thought it looked weird!
 
Black Bean Scramble
 
Ingredients:
4 egg whites
1/2 cup black beans
1/4 red onion
1/3 avocado
2 Tbsp salsa
1/2 tsp olive oil
 
Directions:
Saute your onions in the oil in a non-stick pan.
Add your eggs and scramble/cook.
Once eggs are near cooked, stir in your beans and cook just long enough to heat them up.
Transfer to a plate and top with salsa and avocado.
 
Tyson and I love this one and we ate it on breakfast for dinner night!
 
I'm really excited that this is going so well and that I'm feeling so good! Not gonna lie seeing the scale move is making me pretty dang happy! Can't wait to see what happens next!
 
Cracks me up!
 
-Sarah


 





2 comments:

  1. I'm on day 5 and have lost 2.5 lbs so far and I think a couple inches but not measuring till the end. Thank you so much for this post. I'm kinda at a loss on things to eat. I usually eat the things you can have but needibg different ideas on how to use them in recipes. Congrats on your progress so far. I hope I have great results too. I've also noticed fruit tasting more sweet and need it in my salads too. My family this I'm nuts. Cant wait to hear more aboyt your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! I was at 2lbs down on day 5 also. My family always thinks I'm nuts but I think they are so used to me trying something different that they are kind of wondering how long this will last. I can't wait to get rid of this weight!!!! I'm gonna try some more new recipes this week so I'll make sure and post the good ones.

    ReplyDelete