Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!!!!

I mean it, dangit!!!! And the only person that can do that is me! The things I want to change are totally and completely 100% within my control and ya know what I think that is a great thing!

I have always been an all or nothing person. ESPECIALLY about my weight. One of the things I'm doing different this year is to set small attainable goals. I set really big ones usually and get frustrated and give up. I've GOT to lose this weight. Wether it takes 6 months or 2 years (Please Lord Don't Let It Take Two Years!!!!) So, I'm going to set three types of goals each month. Weight loss, finacial, and personal.

Weight loss goals for January: These goals were actually set for me buy my doctor as part of a program I am in at work. If I ever figure out how to link back to a previous post I will enter that here because I have talked about it in detail already. Normally she sets goals for me and I add a ton of extra goals to those and I end up failing miserably so this month I am actually going to listen to her.

1. Write down what I eat everyday (I'm going to use the lose it app)
2. Walk 30 minutes everyday
3. Walk the five flights of stairs at work 3 times each day I'm at work.
4. Lose three pounds
5. Meet with doctor again in a month instead of every three months like I normally do.

Financial goals for January: My finances are a dang mess. Awful. Terrible. For the first time in my life as a single Mom I make enough money to pay all my bills with one job and I am screwing it up! UGH! I want to be in a much better position by this time next year but it is really going to take some work on my part.

1. Don't buy lunch at work at all for the month of January.

This may not sound like a lot but I currently buy my lunch about 3 times a week and it typically costs 6 dollars a meal. That's 18 dollars a week and 72 dollars a month AND 864 dollars a year!!!! Did I mention the diet cokes and oatmeal I sometimes buy for breakfast? No? Oh well add that too!!!

Personal goal for January:

1. Blog at least twice a week. I like blogging! It keeps me accountable so I want to do it regularly.

So here is to a GREAT 2013!!!!!
I LOVE THIS!!! (Even though it's already the 2nd)
 
In case you are wondering what goes on in my house while I'm blogging let me just give you a sneak peek!
 
Tyson serenading us with Boys to Men at the TOP of his lungs using the remote for a microphone.
(Ignore the mountain of laundry in the background)

Kiley reading OUTLOUD random interesting facts off the internet!!!
 
                                                  -Sarah
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment