Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Am I skinny yet???

 
I wish it worked that way!!!! I think that is one of the reasons I give up when trying to lose weight. I'm impatient and I want to see results right away. I want my body to match my new lifestyle. This time I have no choice but to keep going. I will lose this weight!
 
Remember yesterday when I told you I took a really hard kickboxing class??? My quads hurt worse than they ever have in my life. I was literally up at 3am googling stretches for sore quads. I've been miserable most of the day because of them. Crazy, right??? After I picked Kiley up from dance I stopped at Wal-mart and bought a foam roller. I came straight home and busted that bad boy out. I can't even begin to explain the noises that were coming out of my mouth. It hurt sooo bad! I had Tyson take a picture so I could show off my new Brady Band. It's Chicago Bears and I love it. These bands DO NOT SLIP! Check out the website www.bradybands.com. They are super reasonable and they have tons of cute designs. By the way I wasn't really on a sore spot at this point because the ones he took when I was my face was so awful.
 
I had to crop this picture so I didn't get the laundry in it. Looks like a stray sock showed up anyway :0)
 
Even though I was sore I took a step class at work. It was good but OMG I can't hula hoop and it is making me crazy! The first time I went to the class they used hula hoops for the ab workout at the end. I tried and tried but I could not do it! So today she asked who wanted to do hula hoops for the abs. I was like NOT ME! I just crunched on the bench so I could actually get an ab workout in. While I was at Wal-mart getting the ab roller I bought two hula hoops. After Kiley went to bed Tyson and I began project hula hoop. He couldn't do it either but I said to him that it looks like the ladies in class are going more back and forth than around and around. After I said that, it took him about a minute to figure out how to do it! I wanted to throw my hula hoop at him!!! I worked and worked and worked but still haven't got it. I will not be beaten by a plastic circle dangit! So I asked Tyson to take another picture of me, this time with the hoop. He said the only way he would is if I would put a shirtless picture of him on the blog. (Have I mentioned he's such goof ball) As irritated as I was that I couldn't get it down, Tyson and I had so much fun. We laughed our butts off and I broke a little sweat too so that can't be bad!
 
I don't know what is on my shirt? Tyson asked if I was lactating!
 
He had to move in the living room so his abs would have better lighting!
 
 
Day two of the advocare 24 day challenge is done! The hardest part today was still the diet coke. I kinda of wanted to grab one off of the table next to mine at lunch and run away with it. I might have if my quads hadn't hurt so bad!!!
 
I had the same breakfast and snacks as yesterday. For lunch I had the leftover shrimp tacos from last night. They were still good warmed up! For dinner I made Spaghetti Squash with Grilled Chicken and Sun-dried Tomatoes. As I was making it it wasn't really looking like the beautiful picture on the website I got the recipe from. I also dirtied like every dish I own! When it was done I was it definitely wasn't really pretty but it was FABULOUS!!!! Winner winner chicken dinner!!! I packed up the left overs for lunch tomorrow.
 
Hideous but so yummy!
 
 
Here is the recipe:
Ingredients:
1 Whole Spaghetti squash
2 T extra virgin olive oil
4 Cloves garlic, minced
1 Cup Chicken broth (low sodium)
1/3 Cup Sun dried tomatoes, chopped
2 Cups broccoli florets
1 Cups frozen peas
2 Whole chicken breasts grilled and sliced
Preparation Instructions:
1. Cut Spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scrape/remove seeds with a spoon.
2. Cook squash in microwave cut side down and cook for 8 minutes. Let squash cool.
3. Using a fork, scrape the inside of the squash with the times to remove strands.
4. In a large, deep skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic. Saute 1 minute.
5. Add 1/4 cup of chicken broth, sun dried tomatoes, and broccoli and saute 5 minutes.
6. Add peas, grilled chicken, and remaining 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
7. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover skillet and simmer for about 3 minutes.
8. Serve on top of the squash strands. Enjoy!
 
Now my foam roller and I are going to bed. The hula hoop isn't welcome. It's sleeping on the couch!
 
 

-Sarah

 
 
 
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment