Monday, June 20, 2011

Day twelve - patience Day thirteen - kindness

Happy Birthday to Tyson. My sweet boy turned 14 today. I woke up this morning with a picture in my head of what today was going to look like. Tyson is always with his Dad on his bday and I get him at 6:00 at night. I'll spare you all the sordid details but in a nut shell the day was filled with unanswered texts, missed phone calls, his Dad decided not to meet me half way, they were fed a "late lunch" an hour before I was going to take him to eat, I found out he's been "snuggling" with a 17 year old girl while at his Dad's. Ok is that enough to give you the picture that today did not go the way I planned? How often, as mothers, do our plans take a nose dive? Quite often, if you're life is anything like mine. I kept praying during the 1 1/2 hour drive to pick the kids up today that God would fill me with the fruits of the spirit. Over and over I repeated them love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control. When I picked Tyson up he was oblivious to how upset I was. We ended up coming home and ordering pizza and we hung around watching tv. I am still disappointed in the way today turned out I'm not gonna lie. I am choosing to be thankful for the time we have together and the gift that Tyson is in my life. I am a work in process. I'm praying for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment